There are multiple types of headphones, and earbuds are most flexible types to carry anywhere. Best Noise cancelling earbuds are the most favourite feature in earbuds now, as everyone loves the quality sound and who want to lose an opportunity to listen to music without any annoying sounds from surrounding environment.
7 Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds
Did you ever see anyone listen to music on the road?
I know your answer is yes!
Millions of people using earbuds on the road, trains, aeroplanes, ferries and where not and many many of them don’t like the surrounding noises which deteriorate the quality of music in their ear and sole. To solve this particular problem, researchers introduce Noise Cancelling earbuds. In this post, we will see 7 best noise cancelling earbuds of 2016.
Details of the Earbuds are waiting for you! Continue reading…
How would you know if an earbud is a top quality or a poor quality?
Worry not, we will discuss first, about what qualities you need to seek in an earbud to rank it as a top quality earbud. After that, we will list 7 earbuds we found on Amazon which we think are top in noise cancelling earbud category.
How to choose a great noise cancelling earbud
Here we will divide this section into two subsections.
How to choose a great earbud
As seen in top e-commerce sites, there earbud price range vary from $2 to $600. The difference is very huge though the earbud has only one duty, serve you the sound. But as technology growing so fast, these tiny devices has much more to offer you which comes with price and there the price increase.Lost in your music - Here is list of 7 Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds - #earbuds Click To Tweet
Enough talk, let’s see what are offers I need to see in a good quality earbud
- Frequency: Sound is measured in hertz. A human ear can hear from 20hz to roughly 20khz (kilohertz). In earbud packages, you will see numbers like 60hz – 25khz, 15hz – 20khz etc. Low frequency mean more bass on the speaker. therefore, a speaker that promises 15hz have much deeper bass. The higher frequency has more treble.
- Sound Sensitivity: Sensitivity is measured in decibels and sound pressure levels (dbSPL). Decibels starts from 0db and you suggested not to hear higher than 85db’s as that can harm your hearing. You want to choose an earbud which can get loud but you don’t need anything objectionable loud. many people love their music loud, and the sounds may certainly exceed 85db’s. As a caution, Just make sure you keep the volumes at a minimum.
- Impedance: Impedance is measured in ohms. Rule of thumb is, the higher the ohms, a much clearer sound from your earbuds. You need an earbud with the highest impedance you can afford so that all you hear is music. With low ohms, you may hear an additional hiss from your speakers.
- Drivers: Stronger the driver, the better the sound quality. Drivers are responsible to boost the bass in headphones. Over ears headphones normally have four drivers. Each driver is meant to target a different audio quality: bass, mids, and treble. Cheap earbuds usually have 2 drivers. Because of the size of earbuds, it makes it also more expensive to add additional drivers. If you add power to these drivers, the earbuds will certainly go up in price.
How to Identify Best Noise Cancelling Technology
- Noise-cancelling vs Noise-isolation: Often confused with noise cancelling headphones, noise isolation headphones block outside noise by creating a physical seal in or around your ears to keep music in and ambient noise out. They aren’t necessarily as effective as noise cancelling headphones, but they don’t require batteries and you can find decent models for much cheaper.
- Aware Mode: Some of the expensive noise-cancelling headphones have Aware mode button, which allow you to stop digital signal processing and allow the outside sound to go to your ear. This might be a very important feature to look where you need to stay alert of your environment.
- Power: Active noise cancelling technique require extra power for the mic and processing the sound to cancel it. This require extra power, which it take from the connected device, meaning if you connect the earbud with your mobile phone, tablet, iPod, etc, there battery going to be drained a little early. But some high-end earbuds manage their units power consumption need, which should be energy friendly.
When we will have knowledge of two above questions, it will be easy like drinking water to choose a great noise cancelling earbud.
Here are top 7 noise-canceling earbuds that you can buy
7. AELC Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Water Resistant, Sport Earbud with Microphone
Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds, AELEC V4.1 Water Resistant Sweatproof Sport Noise Cancelling Earbud with Microphone for Running Workout. CVC 6.0 Noise Cancellation technology filters out all the surrounding noise and makes your sound loud and clear. You get high quality, hands-free phone conversation even on the street or inside the shopping mall. Yes, this headphone is not just for music only, it also great for making phone calls with friends and family.
Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity cut the cord and break away from wires. Faster and more efficient connectivity provides excellent sound performance from this durable, lightweight and sweat-proof headset.
With 1 hour of charging time, you get up to 5 hours of playtime.
- Water Resistant + Sweatproof : IPX4 level water resistant, built with Aluminum shell. Great for daily life and sport such as outdoor sport, hiking, cycling, jogging, walking, working.
- CSR Bluetooth 4.1 version compatible with most of the Bluetooth devices. Super signal design support operation within 10m!
- Double battery: standby time up to 350 hours.
- User-friendly design with multi Paring and NFC touching function.
- Connect with two mobiles simultaneously.
- High-fidelity APT-X audio technology and CVC6.0 super noise cancellation technology!
- Comparatively less known brand.
- Build quality not that great.
6. BÖHM S10 Wireless Earbuds – Sport Earphones with Mic and Charging Station
Experience rich streaming sound, hands-free convenience, and total comfort with the all-new S10 wireless sports earbuds from BÖHM. State of the art technology pairs this earplug style set with your laptop, tablet, smartphone, iPod, or any Bluetooth-enabled device. Each bud delivers incredible sound clarity, extra bass, and natural noise cancelling as you maintain focus throughout your day. This sweatproof chargeable pair boasts extended battery life for long walks or gym sessions, while the included magnetic storage cradle with micro USB hookup supplies a lightning-fast charge up to 4 times with no additional power.
Easy Multi-Function Button Powers On/Off, Pairs Right & Left Buds & Quickly Links to iPhone, iPad, Computer, Kindle Fire, Smart TV & More; Pairs With 2 Devices for Easy Switchover. Take Phone Calls with Built-in Microphone; Convenient Volume Control/Track Skip & Sweatproof Construction is Perfect for Sports, Running, Jogging & Gym Exercise
- Crisp, Clear HD Sound & Bass
- Incredible Battery Life on Full Charge
- Cordless Buds Include Portable Charging Case with Micro USB Cable;
- Pairs with 2 devices, never miss a call from other device.
- Easy Multi-Function Button
- Comfy Earhooks & Flush Earin Design Provide Safety & Stability for Sport Activity, Watching TV, or Sleep; Charging Cradle is Also a Magnetic Storage Case for Safekeeping
- Delay with audio when watching videos.
- Easy to loose.
5. Tate & Baüer Elite Series Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
Great for listening music as Tate & Baüer Elite Series provide awesome sound quality and noise canceling 6.0 technology. With the built-in microphone, you can answer mobile phone calls as they come in by pressing the button on the earpiece. The little plastic loops are designed to help keep the earpieces in your ears. The “L” and “R” mark are designed to put it in the right ear.
While charging through the Micro-USB charger port on the right ear pieces, the LED lights would let you know it is charging or complete.
Tate & Baüer Elite Series is easy to pair to most Smart Phones and Bluetooth-enabled Tablet. You can wear the earphone while you’re running or working out, and do not have to stick your iPhone in pocket.
- COMFORT with SECURE FIT.
- CVC 6.0 noise cancelling
- Bluetooth 4.1 CSR plus EDR Dual- driver
- 100mAH lithium-ion polymer battery speed charge and 6-10 hours of talk time or music playback.
- Up to 30 foot range on multiple devices
- Less known brand.
4. DreamTeam BluetoothV4.1 Headphones
Full range wireless motion with easy connectivity. Secure & Flexible Earhooks, athlete inspired ergonomic design, take your workout to the next level. Sweatproof Materials and Lightweight plus Tangle-Free Cord design. The only thing you’ll notice are the sound waves of Harmony.
Accept and make phone calls with one touch. The Future of Communication. Switch seamlessly to Hands-Free phone calls with Built-In Microphone plus Siri & Google access.
- Wireless connectivity with Bluetooth v4.1. Up to 30 ft range
- High Definition Audio
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN for workout.
- Easy single touch hands-free operation.
- Sound lacking bass sometimes.
- Few reports of not charging been found on the internet.
- Less known brand.
3. AKG K391NC Noise canceling earphone
- Reduces ambient noise especially when traveling to create a perfect sound environment where you can be alone with your music and yourself
- Designed for convenient transport and storage thanks to the 3D folding mechanism and the carrying case, you can get up and go with your music at the drop of a high hat
- Thanks to the 30 hours battery life and the convenient USB charging cable, the N60NC can be enjoyed all the way (and back)
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 22kHz; Sensitivity: 123dB [email protected]
The AKG K391 NC is a powerful pair of noise canceling in-canal earphones with enough upsides to compensate for its merely average noise cancellation.
- Powerful bass response and distortion-free, crisp sound signature.
- Outputs audio in both passive and powered modes.
- Charges via USB rather than inconvenient disposable batteries.
- Inline remote control and microphone for mobile devices.
- The inline compartment will be an annoyance for some.
- Bass-boosted sound signature not for purists.
2. Sony MDR-NWBT20N Bluetooth Noise Canceling Stereo Earbud
- Noise canceling headphones | can cut up to 98% of ambient noise
- New model of MDR-NWBT10N
- Bluetooth Ver. 3.0, Bluetooth profile A2DP/AVRCP
- Power: Li-ion battery (Built-in) (about 8 hours enable), Power Supplied from PC or Walkman
- Pairing: Bluetooth pairing or NFC pairing
1. Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Ideal for iPod, iPhone and iPad
- Noise cancelling reduces surrounding distractions, letting music stand out
- Aware mode lets you hear what's around you when you need to, at the touch of a button
- Exclusive TriPort technology and Active EQ help deliver lifelike, digital-quality audio
- Stay Hear+ tips provide long-lasting comfort plus stability
Shut out the world and lose yourself in your music—or let the world in. It’s your choice with the first in-ear noise cancelling headphones from Bose. The QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones let you enjoy better sound every day, everywhere you go.
Turn on noise cancelling to reduce surrounding distractions and focus on your music. Or, at the touch of a button, activate Aware mode to hear what’s happening around you.
Proprietary StayHear®+ tips provide a soft, secure fit. The inline microphone and remote let you switch easily to calls and control of certain functions.
Choose either the QC®20 Apple device model or the QC20 Samsung and Android™ model to use with your respective device.
- Bose® noise cancelling technology, shut out the world and focus on your music
- Aware mode to hear what’s around you at the press of a button
- Deep, clear sound from the Active EQ and TriPort® technology
- Soft, and secure for hours of listening from proprietary StayHear®+ ear tips
- High Price,
- These earbuds are manufactured for either Apple or Android device. If you’ve two devices, you won’t get the same result in another device.
To choose a noise cancelling earbud, you must emphasis on a earbuds noise cancelling performance and its sound quality. Also how much you can control the noise cancelling feature like aware mode. With an add-on, you can look at other functions like wireless or jack connectivity, pairing options, ergonomics etc. Usually, active noise cancelling earbuds are a bit costly, but good things come with a price. We tried to provide as much information available to us, which you can take as base information to take your final decision.
If you found any information that needs to be corrected or updated, please put a comment below, so that we can take care of it. Also, let us know which Earbud is your favorite and why or if you want a review of any specific earbud which is not listed here.