There are multiple types of headphones, and earbuds are most flexible types to carry anywhere. Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds are the most favorite feature in earbuds now, as everyone loves the quality sound and who want to lose an opportunity to listen to music without any annoying sounds from surrounding environment.
10 Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds
Did you ever see anyone listen to music on the road?
I know your answer is yes!
Millions of people using earbuds on the road, trains, airplanes, ferries and where not and many many of them don’t like the surrounding noises which deteriorate the quality of music in their ear and sole. To solve this particular problem, researchers introduce Noise Cancelling Earbuds. In this post, we will see 10 Best Noise Cancelling Earbuds of 2017.
List of 10 Best Noise Canceling Earbuds
After the table, you’ll find details review of each of the Earbuds and at the end, there is a Noise Cancelling Earbud Buying Guide which will help you in deep.
|1||Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones||Bluetooth|
Noise Cancelling, Stay Hear+, Aware mode
Exclusive TriPort technology and Active EQ
Specially designed for Apple iOS and Android.
Quick switch between call and music.
|View At Amazon|
|2||Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Active Noise Canceling Headphone|
Check out Bose QuietControl 30 review
|Dual-microphone system for noise cancelling|
Bluetooth and NFC pairing
Lightweight neckband design
Lithium-ion battery allow 10 hours of wireless music
|View At Amazon|
|3||COWIN HE8 Bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds||Bluetooth with aptX CSR to produce CD Quality sound|
Cancel upto 99% noise using AMS3421 chipset
Comes with 3 size (S,M & L) of eartips
Only 15g weight
OTG Magnetic Charing
|View At Amazon|
|4||Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23 QuietPoint Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones||Reduce 90% sound|
Use 2 mic to collect ambient sound
Includes airline plug adapter
|View At Amazon|
|5||TREBLAB XR500 Bluetooth In-ear Headphones for Sports||Bluetooth 4.1 CSR Technology|
IPX7 WATERPROOF and SWEAT-PROOF
Passive Noise Cancelling
9 hours of wireless music
|View At Amazon|
|6||TaoTronics TT-BH07 Bluetooth 4.1 In-ear Neckband Headphones||Bluetooth 4.1 with aptX codec for CD-like HQ sound|
CVC noise Isolation technology
After a full charge, 5 hours of continuous music
IPX5 Splash Proof Secure Fit
Works with all smartphones
|View At Amazon|
|7||AYL AX8 Bluetooth Headphones||Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Codec, EDR|
Multiple Pair: Pair with 2 device simultinously
7 hours of talk & playing time
|View At Amazon|
|8||Sony MDR-NWBT20N Bluetooth Noise Canceling Stereo Headphones||Noise canceling - cancel up to 98% of ambient noise|
Bluetooth Ver. 3.0, Bluetooth profile A2DP/AVRCP
Bluetooth pairing or NFC pairing
Built-in Li-ion battery and about 8 hours support
|View At Amazon|
|9||BÖHM S10 Wireless Earbuds||Bluetooth with Crisp, Clear HD Sound & Bass|
Comfy Earhooks & Flush Earin Design
|View At Amazon|
|10||Tate & Baüer Elite Series Bluetooth Earbuds||Bluetooth 4.1 CSR with aptX|
CVC 6.0 noise cancelling
100mAH Lithium-ion battery.
2hrs for full charge and 6-10hrs of wireless music
|View At Amazon|
Details of the Earbuds are waiting for you! Continue reading…
How would you know if an earbud is a top quality or a poor quality?
Worry not, we will discuss first, about what qualities you need to seek in an earbud to rank it as a top quality earbud. After that, we will list 7 earbuds we found on Amazon which we think are top in noise cancelling earbud category.
Review of 10 Best Noise Canceling Earbuds
10Tate & Baüer Elite Series Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds
Great for listening music as Tate & Baüer Elite Series provide awesome sound quality and noise canceling 6.0 technology. With the built-in microphone, you can answer mobile phone calls as they come in by pressing the button on the earpiece. The little plastic loops are designed to help keep the earpieces in your ears. The “L” and “R” mark are designed to put it in the right ear.
While charging through the Micro-USB charger port on the right ear pieces, the LED lights would let you know it is charging or complete.
Tate & Baüer Elite Series is easy to pair to most Smart Phones and Bluetooth-enabled Tablet. You can wear the earphone while you’re running or working out, and do not have to stick your iPhone in the pocket.
- COMFORT with SECURE FIT.
- CVC 6.0 noise cancelling
- Bluetooth 4.1 CSR plus EDR Dual- driver
- 100mAH Lithium-ion polymer battery speed charge and 6-10 hours of talk time or music playback.
- Less known brand.
9BÖHM S10 Wireless Earbuds – Sports Earphones with Mic and Charging Station
Experience rich streaming sound, hands-free convenience, and total comfort with the all-new S10 wireless sports earbuds from BÖHM. State of the art technology pairs this earplug style set with your laptop, tablet, smartphone, iPod, or any Bluetooth-enabled device. Each bud delivers incredible sound clarity, extra bass, and natural noise cancelling as you maintain focus throughout your day. This sweatproof chargeable pair boasts extended battery life for long walks or gym sessions, while the included magnetic storage cradle with micro USB hookup supplies a lightning-fast charge up to 4 times with no additional power.
Easy Multi-Function Button Powers On/Off, Pairs Right & Left Buds & Quickly Links to iPhone, iPad, Computer, Kindle Fire, Smart TV & More; Pairs With 2 Devices for Easy Switchover. Take Phone Calls with Built-in Microphone; Convenient Volume Control/Track Skip & Sweatproof Construction is Perfect for Sports, Running, Jogging & Gym Exercise
- Crisp, Clear HD Sound & Bass
- Incredible Battery Life on Full Charge
- Cordless Buds Include Portable Charging Case with Micro USB Cable;
- Pairs with 2 devices, never miss a call from other devices.
- Easy Multi-Function Button
- Delay with audio when watching videos.
- Easy to loose.
8Sony MDR-NWBT20N Bluetooth Noise Canceling Stereo Earbud
- Cheap with based on the quality sound it provides
- New model of MDR-NWBT10N
- Power: Li-ion Battery (Built-in) (about 8 hours enable),
- Pairing: Bluetooth pairing or NFC pairing
- Wireless. It has Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP/AVRCP profile.
- This going to make a tiny impact on your mobile’s battery life
- No control on noise cancelling method. You can only down the volume to be aware of your environment.
- You can’t expect magic on its noise canceling function.
7Ayl AX8 Bluetooth Headphones
Ayl AX8 Wireless Bluetooth headphones should definitely be taken into the consideration when it comes to choosing the right wireless, Active Noise Cancellation headphones. For less than $30 you can get the latest version of Bluetooth, with the integrated Apt-X codec for the outstanding stereo quality.
The CVC 6.0 is the digital noise canceling technology which reflects the ambient noise and keeps it away from the ear buds, and your ears, ensuring the uninterrupted working out sessions, and peaceful phone calls, it also has an integrated microphone which provides a clear and loud voice input.
Coming in the black color, these behind ear wireless headphones look quite stylish, and you can easily adjust the volume, answer calls, and set the next song on the ear buds themselves. They are very comfortable, coming with the 6 buds and 3 ear hooks, you can easily adjust and customize them accordingly.
It is important to note that the battery features 80mAh battery, and while 7 hours of battery life is not enough compared to the competition, it supports up to 175 hours of standby time, which allows you to not spend whole time next to the charger.
- Ayl AX8 are extremely affordable headphones. Not many headphones under $30 can offer as many bells and whistles as these can.
- The latest version of Bluetooth 4.1 allows the user to experience the top-notch quality of sound, thanks to the Apt-X codec which delivers amazing sound when streamed over Bluetooth.
- The behind-ear style of headphones is ideal for every outdoor enthusiast. And, in addition to this, the Ayl AX8 is sweat proof to the respectful amounts of sweat.
- Unfortunately, the battery life during the listening to the music and making calls is insufficient against the leading competition.
6TaoTronics TT-BH07 Bluetooth 4.1 In-ear Sports Necklace Headphones
If you not considering Bluetooth 5.0, TaoTronics TT-BH07 Earbud Headphone has latest Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology. This version of Bluetooth has the quickest response and use low frequency. As a result, you’ll get high-quality sound.
With TaoTronics TT-BH07, You can use it as a hands-free as well and make phone calls with this. This use CVC 6.0 Noise Cancellation Technology which actively cancels outside noise which delivers a clear, noise-free sound to your ears.
As we are discussing Hands-free, you should also know that this has In-line controls to Play, pause or change the volume from your headphone. You can also connect with Siri or answer calls with an In-line button in ToTronics TT-BH07US.
To improve the signal strength of TT-BH07, TaoTronics used a ceramic antenna which also helps to tolerate more interference. As a result, the audio is smooth and more noise-free. Your friends will thank you for delivering a clear voice to them when using hands-free.
By design, this is a soft neckband In-Ear headphone. The earbuds are designed to stay in your ear while running, so you can concentrate on running and on road. This is a very lightweight item, so it won’t be a burden to your neck. While not using, you can use the magnate part of the earbuds to convert it a neckless and improve your style.
With just 1 hour of battery charge, you can use it 5 long hours to listen music, talk with friends.
- Bluetooth 4.1 with ceramic antenna.
- APT-X Codec
- CVC6.0 Noise cancellation technology.
- Built-in magnets let you attach the two headphones together.
- Sometimes 5hour charge is not enough.
5TREBLAB XR500 Bluetooth In-ear Headphones for Sports
Do you use an earbud during running and exercise? Then TrueLab XR500 is for you. Why? Let me explain here.
TrueLab XR500 In-ear Headphone has Bluetooth 4.1 CSR Technology which gives you a CD Quality sound. But this is unfortunate that it doesn’t have aptX feature.
Due to the Secure-fit, comfortable design, this headphone will never fall from your ear’s while you are running on the road or in a treadmill. The design also has IPX7 WATERPROOF and SWEAT-PROOF feature, which will keep you away from worry about the headphone.
The designers of XR500 used a foam in ear-tip, that it blocks outside noise to enter your ear and you can concentrate on your jogging and music. XB500 don’t have an Active Noise Cancelling feature, but it uses a Passive noise canceling method to block outside noise.
After a full battery charge, you can listen to music or talk for huge 9 hours.
- Wireless connectivity with Bluetooth v4.1. Up to 30 ft range
- CD Quality sound
- Passive Noise Isolation
- 9 hours battery charge.
- No aptX
- No Active Noise Cancelling feature
- Less known brand.
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC23 represents another semi-affordable option for the fans of the in-ear design. Just like the other headphones, the ATH-ANC23 features an Active Noise Cancellation technology which reduces and reflects the outside noise away from the listener.
The asymmetrical in-ear gel design which feels comfortable for wearing for the extended amounts of time. In the package, you can opt for the other dimensions of the buds, in case that the primary ones are too big or too small for your ears. The AAA battery is present on this model inside the quiet PointBox where the noise cancellation features are located, to make the active noise cancellation technology work properly.
While we thought that the headphones look and feel heavier with the brick-shaped battery which also can set the volume and songs, we were pleased that the headphones feel light and comfy.
Each ear bud has an integrated microphone which rejects the outside noise. The overall sound is good and crispy, while the low-frequency bass is perfectly coping with the sound, regardless of the frequency.
- Great Sound
- Relatively affordable
- Great active noise cancellation capabilities
- They are wired to start with
- The battery needs replacement
3COWIN HE8 Bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling Earbud
Cowin HE8 Bluetooth In-ear headphones set the leading standard in the headphones market. The active noise cancellation reduces the noise up to 32dB within the 20Hz to 20KHz frequency. Just like the most of the noise canceling headphones, these have the Bluetooth 4.1 with the aptX codec for the great stereo output.
In addition to the great variety of features, the headphones are extremely lightweight to wear and perfect for the people in the gyms, and jogging enthusiasts. The ear tips come in three sizes: S, M, and L in order to suit even to the people with smaller and larger ears.
It also supports the OTG magnetic charging which allows you to swiftly charge them on your phone, and other Bluetooth supported devices. The headphones allow 11 hours of active noise cancellation, 5 hours of music, and up to 60 hours of the standby time.
The sound is beautifully vivid and mesmerizing, while the bass is powerful and tremendous.
- Decent sound output
- Lightweight and portable
- Ideal for sports
- Bluetooth with APT-X
- Insufficient battery
2Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
Bose QuietControl 30 Wireless headphones are ideal for the bold audiophiles with the high musical esteem. Being sweat resistant and featuring the lightweight, behind the neck construction, they are ideal for intensive workout sessions. However, there is one large drawback, they are very expensive.
The Quiet Control 30 features Bluetooth and NFC pairing, compatible with all phones, tablets, and devices in particular that support at least one of each. These allow you to adjust the level of noise cancellation accordingly so that you can enjoy your favorite songs, and phone calls even in the loud environments such as cafes, buses, gyms, and other noisy places.
The sound is crispy and warm, in terms of lows, mids, and highs. They are very reliable and feature a respectfully decent battery life of 10 hours in a Lithium-Ion battery. Additionally, the headphones feature a connect application, that helps you control the noise reduction and many other things.
- Respectful Battery
- Detailed and wonderful sound
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing
- Allows you to adjust the noise.
1Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
Shut out the world and lose yourself in your music—or let the world in. It’s your choice with the first In-ear Noise Cancelling headphones from Bose. The QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones let you enjoy better sound every day, everywhere you go.
Turn On Noise Cancelling to reduce surrounding distractions and focus on your music. Or, at the touch of a button, activate Aware mode to hear what’s happening around you.
Proprietary StayHear®+ tips provide a soft, secure fit. The inline microphone and remote let you switch easily to calls and control of certain functions.
Choose either the QC®20 Apple device model or the QC20 Samsung and Android™ model to use with your respective device.
- Bose® noise cancelling technology, shut out the world and focus on your music
- Aware mode to hear what’s around you at the press of a button
- Deep, clear sound from the Active EQ and TriPort® technology
- Soft, and secure for hours of listening from proprietary StayHear®+ ear tips
- High Price,
- These earbuds are manufactured for either Apple or Android device. If you’ve two devices, you won’t get the same result in another device.
How to Choose a Great Noise Cancelling Earbud
Here we will divide this section into two subsections.
How to choose a great earbud
As seen in top e-commerce sites, their earbud price range vary from $2 to $600. The difference is huge though the earbud has only one duty, serve you the sound. But as technology growing so fast, these tiny devices has much more to offer you which comes with a price and there the price increase.
Enough talk, let’s see what are offers I need to see in a good quality earbud
- Frequency: Sound is measured in hertz. A human ear can hear from 20hz to roughly 20khz (kilohertz). In earbud packages, you will see numbers like 60hz – 25khz, 15hz – 20khz etc. Low frequency mean more bass on the speaker. therefore, a speaker that promises 15hz have much deeper bass. The higher frequency has more treble.
- Sound Sensitivity: Sensitivity is measured in decibels and sound pressure levels (dbSPL). Decibels starts from 0db and you suggested not to hear higher than 85db’s as that can harm your hearing. You want to choose an earbud which can get loud but you don’t need anything objectionable loud. many people love their music loud, and the sounds may certainly exceed 85db’s. As a caution, Just make sure you keep the volumes at a minimum.
- Impedance: Impedance is measured in ohms. Rule of thumb is, the higher the ohms, a much clearer sound from your earbuds. You need an earbud with the highest impedance you can afford so that all you hear is music. With low ohms, you may hear an additional hiss from your speakers.
- Drivers: Stronger the driver, the better the sound quality. Drivers are responsible to boost the bass in headphones. Over ears headphones normally have four drivers. Each driver is meant to target a different audio quality: bass, mids, and treble. Cheap earbuds usually have 2 drivers. Because of the size of earbuds, it makes it also more expensive to add additional drivers. If you add power to these drivers, the earbuds will certainly go up in price.
How to Identify Best Noise Cancelling Technology
- Noise-cancelling vs Noise-isolation: Often confused with noise cancelling headphones, noise isolation headphones block outside noise by creating a physical seal in or around your ears to keep music in and ambient noise out. They aren’t necessarily as effective as noise cancelling headphones, but they don’t require batteries and you can find decent models for much cheaper.
- Aware Mode: Some of the expensive noise-cancelling headphones have Aware mode button, which allow you to stop digital signal processing and allow the outside sound to go to your ear. This might be a very important feature to look where you need to stay alert of your environment.
- Power: Active noise cancelling technique require extra power for the mic and processing the sound to cancel it. This require extra power, which it take from the connected device, meaning if you connect the earbud with your mobile phone, tablet, iPod, etc, there battery going to be drained a little early. But some high-end earbuds manage their units power consumption need, which should be energy friendly.
When we will have knowledge of two above questions, it will be easy like drinking water to choose a great noise cancelling earbud.
To choose a Noise Cancelling Earbud, you must emphasis on a Earbuds Noise Cancelling performance and its sound quality. Also how much you can control the Noise Cancelling feature like aware mode. With an add-on, you can look at other functions like wireless or jack connectivity, pairing options, ergonomics etc.
Usually, Active Noise Cancelling Earbuds are a bit costly, but good things come with a price. We tried to provide as much information available to us, which you can take as base information to take your final decision.
If you found any information that needs to be corrected or updated, please put a comment below, so that we can take care of it. Also, let us know which Earbud is your favorite and why or if you want a review of any specific earbud which is not listed here.
Last Update: 4 June, 2017